ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES
Estimated ship times are located on each product page. It is important to note that these are estimated shipping times and are subject to availability of products and/or manufacturer’s availability. If a product you have ordered is out of stock or on back-order, we will contact you with a shipment date and you can decide to either keep the order as is, cancel the item or cancel the entire order. Occasionally issues arise that may lead to additional production time, such as our manufacturers experiencing a backup in production. If this is the case, you will be alerted as soon as we are made aware that a problem exists. If you need to verify stock information and availability prior to placing your order, please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Huis functions as a liaison to ensure merchandise is transported safely to you, and although this process most often proceeds smoothly, delays and damages may be caused by the freight company. Huis will do our absolute best to assist in getting your furniture to you in a timely manner and in good condition and will notify you immediately if we are made aware of any expected delays or problems.
Huis will in no way be responsible for losses by customer due to scheduling of electricians, contractors, or other professional installation.
Most orders over $199.99 qualify for free standard shipping to our freight forwarder in Miami. Huis reserves the right to change or revoke this offer at its discretion. Some items require an additional shipping charge due to excess weight or special packaging requirements. If there is an additional shipping charge for an item, it will be noted on the checkout page as a “shipping surcharge”.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION
If you prefer we can deliver your items to your door.
Delivery to Bodden Town and beyond is by arrangement. You will be contacted by an appropriate freight company and you will settle any costs with that company,
Curbside delivery is $75.00. If your order contains multiple items of furniture, the charge is $75.00 for the first item and $25 for each additional furniture item.
In home installation is available by arrangement. You will be contacted by an appropriate freight company and you will settle any costs with that company.
All items may be picked up from our store front or our warehouse at no charge:
Store front, 350 Shedden Road, Grand Cayman, Tuesday – Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm.
Warehouse, 4 The Edge Plaze, Ashgo Street, Georgetown, Saturdays only 9:00am – 11:30am
We schedule deliveries Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m, and on Saturdays between 9:00am and 12:00pm. We will contact you at least 48 hours prior to the delivery to schedule a delivery date and time frame (typically 2-4 hour blocks) that works for you. If you need to reschedule the delivery, please contact us as soon as possible so as not to incur any charges for missed delivery appointments. If your scheduled appointment is missed, you will be charged a delivery trip fee. Please do not arrange for the item/items to be delivered when no one is home to receive them. If we contact you to make an appointment for delivery and you are unable to accept the delivery for any period of time, you are subject to storage fees that the freight company will charge for storing your item.
Receiving the Incorrect Item: If for any reason your furniture piece does not arrive with the specifications that you selected when ordering, Huis reserves the right to have the item or items replaced and reshipped at no additional charge to you. You should contact us immediately if this occurs so that we can get the replacement in the works as soon as possible.
Damage: Although our suppliers take great care in packaging their goods for shipping, damages may occur in transit. Claims against damaged items must be made within 48 Hours, and cannot be accepted after that time. To make a successful damage claim:
- If your order includes Premium Delivery and you can inspect the items while the freight company is still there, call us immediately. If you are not able to get in contact with us for any reason, you may either refuse delivery of the damaged item(s) or note the damages and condition of the packing materials on the delivery receipt prior to signing it.
- If your order includes Standard Delivery and you are not able to inspect the items completely before the delivery driver leaves, you have 48 hours to notify us.
- Take photos of the damage to the items AND the packing materials.
- Email photos and a written description of the damage to email@example.com. If the damage is minor, you may accept delivery with the damage noted on the delivery receipt. Depending on the situation, either a touch up kit will be sent to you or a professional furniture medic will be arranged to repair the damage. If you choose to accept a damaged item, please retain all packaging to assist in the claim with the freight company.
- If the damage is major, you may refuse delivery. The freight forwarding company reserves the right to have the piece repaired. If the freight forwarder determines the piece cannot be repaired, you have the right to be reimbursed for your purchase or have another piece shipped out to you as soon as possible.
Huis will be unable to assist you in the repair or replacement of damaged goods if the above procedures are not followed.
In the case that the delivery address is not accessible by regular delivery truck, the customer will be responsible for all additional delivery charges. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make Huis aware of any special delivery requirements that must be taken for the item to reach the final destination.